Mr. Johnson came to the City of Saginaw in February of 1997 as Director of Public Works. He was responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the water, sewer, public services (streets and drainage), inspections, code enforcement and animal control departments. Prior to coming to the City of Saginaw he spent fourteen years as an engineering technician for a local civil engineering firm working only on public sector projects. In October of 1999, Mr. Johnson was promoted to Asst. City Manager / Finance Director where he was responsible for overseeing and accounting for the City’s financial resources including preparing and monitoring the annual budget, investment of City funds, and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (audit). In 2005, Mr. Johnson became a Certified Public Manager in the State of Texas.
ln his current role as Assistant City Manager, he oversees the Public Works Department which includes water/wastewater, streets, drainage, fleet maintenance, code enforcement, building inspections, environment management and building maintenance. He also oversees the lnformation Technology Department, the Recreation Department, the Library and Human Resources/Risk Management.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Acts in the capacity of the City Manager in the City Manager's absence; providing support and advice to Department Heads; grants administration, franchise agreements, consultant contracts, capital improvements planning, employee benefit programs such as group health insurance and deferred compensation programs.
- Bachelor of Science – McMurry College, 1982
- Certified Public Manager – UTA / Texas State University, 2005;
- BOARDS / COMMITTEES:
- Employee Health Insurance Committee
- Employee Deferred Compensation Committee
- Fort Worth Water and Wastewater Wholesale Customer Committees (Alt.)
- Texas City Manager Association
- Government Finance Officers Association of Texas