June 21, 2016
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, June 21, 2016
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0616-08: Action regarding Minutes, June 7, 2016 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0616-09: Action regarding Cancellation of July 5, 2016 City Council Meeting - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(c) CC-0616-10: Action regarding Resolution No. 2016-09, supporting submission of Grant Application for the BC – Body Worn Camera (BWC) Program - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(5) CC-0616-11: Consideration and Action regarding approval of Ordinance No. 2016-05, authorizing the issuance and sale of the City’s General Obligation Refunding Bond, Series 2016; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of said bond; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating to the subject - Mark McLiney, SAMCO Capital Markets, Inc.
(6) CC-0616-12: Consideration and Action regarding Proposal from Quorum Architects for Needs Assessment for Public Works Building - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(7) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(8) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley