August 21, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING, PUBLIC HEARING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Public Hearing, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0818-09: Action regarding Minutes, August 1, 2018 - Mayor Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0818-10: Action regarding Minutes, August 7, 2018 - Mayor Todd Flippo
(5) CC-0818-11: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission
on Request for a Specific Use Permit to allow the operation of an Animal Grooming Establishment on the property located at 923 N. Saginaw Blvd., Suite 200 (Ordinance No. 2018-11) - Rohinder Singh
(6) CC-0818-12: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission
on Request for a Specific Use Permit to allow the operation of an Auto Repair Garage Establishment on the property located at 108 Anderson St. (Ordinance No. 2018-12) - Baker Ghanim
(7) CC-0818-13: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance (Ordinance No. 2002-04) Section 5-1 amending regulations for “Farmers Market, Outdoor” and adding a definition for “Farmers Market, Outdoor” (Ordinance No. 2018-13) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(8) CC-0818-14: Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors for Members with Terms Expiring September 1, 2018 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(9) CC-0818-15: Presentation of Effective Tax Rate and Action to Place Adoption of Proposed Tax Rate on the September 18, 2018 Agenda and Schedule Public Hearings on September 4, 2018 and September 11, 2018 for the Proposed Tax Rate - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(10) CC-0818-16: Consideration and Action regarding Employee Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; and Flexible Spending Account Benefit - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(11) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
b. Proposed Overlay District for Saginaw Blvd. and McLeroy Blvd.
(12) Recess into Workshop - Mayor Todd Flippo
(13) WS-0818-03 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Capital Projects Budget
b. Accounting and Financial Reporting Policies
(14) Reconvene back into Regular Session - Mayor Todd Flippo
(15) Adjournment - Mayor Todd Flippo