July 17, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING, PUBLIC HEARING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Public Hearing, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0718-01: Action regarding Minutes, June 26, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0718-02: Action regarding Disposal of City Surplus Items and Agreement with Tommy Lutes Auctioneers for Auction of City Surplus Items - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(c) CC-0718-03: Action regarding Public Safety Radio Communication System - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears
(d) CC-0718-04: Action regarding City of Fort Worth Regional Radio Communications System Subscriber Agreement - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears
(e) CC-0718-05: Action regarding County Wide Interlocal Agreement for Mutual Aid in Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Services - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears
(5) CC-0718-06: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding an ordinance to: 1) add a new Article V, “Special Event Permit”, to Chapter 54 of the City Code, governing certain special events, and, based on a recommendation from the Planning and Zoning Commission, to amend the Zoning Regulations of the City by amending Section 8-7 of the City Code, to clarify conflicting language regulating special events for commercial property (Ordinance 2018-09) - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears and Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(6) CC-0718-07: Overview of Proposed Food Truck Park at Willow Creek Park - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(7) CC-0718-08: Public Hearing – Regarding a proposed project within Willow Creek Park owned and operated by the City of Saginaw and located immediately north of a 1.5 acre tract on the hard northwest corner of Longhorn Road and South Knowles Drive. Proposed Project would utilize approximately 1.25 acres of the park property as a food truck court open to the public and is expected to include basic infrastructure for such use - Director of Economic Development, Alora Wachholz
(8) CC-0718-09: Consideration and Action regarding Appointment to Advisory Recreation and Parks Board - City Secretary, Janice England
(9) CC-0718-10: Consideration and Action regarding Proposal for Professional Architectural Services for the City of Saginaw Municipal Facilities Needs Assessment and “Town Center” Conceptual Design - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(10) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(11) WS-0718-01 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Enterprise Fund
b. Enterprise Escrow Funds
c. Utility Billing Policies
(12) Reconvene Back into Regular Session - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
b. Laws governing economic development incentives
(14) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo