May 8, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda.
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0518-01: Action regarding Minutes, April 17, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0518-02: Action regarding Ad Valorem Tax Collection Contract with Tarrant County for Tax Year 2018 - Finance Director, Kim Quin
(c) CC-0518-03: Action regarding agreement for the operation of the concession stand at Willow Creek Park - Dir. of Recreation/Comm. Services, Keith Rinehart
(d) CC-0518-04: Action regarding Change Order No. 1 to the Park Center Elevated Tank Rehabilitation Contract and Authorization of Amendment No. 2 to Kimley-Horn, Inc. Individual Project Order - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(5) CC-0518-05: Proclamation – Emergency Medical Services Week - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(6) CC-0518-06: Annual MedStar Mobile Healthcare Update - Matt Zavadsky, Chief Strategic Integration Officer, MedStar Mobile Healthcare
(7) CC-0518-07: Presentation of Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award to Finance Director, Kim Quin - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(8) CC-0518-08: Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018- 04, Amending Article II of Chapter 54 of the Saginaw City Code “Discharge of Certain Weapons” to add regulations for the discharge of firearms, spring guns, or other dangerous weapons - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears
(9) CC-0518-09: Discussion of Youth Advisory Council and Sister Cities Program - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(10) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(11) WS-0518-01: Budget Policies (Preparation/Forecasting/Administration/Amendment) - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(12) Reconvene in Regular Session - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(14) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo