October 3, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside the Council Chambers to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) CC-1017-01: Presentation regarding Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District November Bond Election - EMS-ISD Superintendent, Dr. Jim Chadwell
(5) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1017-02: Action regarding Minutes, September 19, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-1017-03: Action regarding Minutes, September 25, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-1017-04: Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-16, Revised Investment Policy - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(d) CC-1017-05: Action regarding approval of The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company to serve as the third party custodian of collateral for the City’s funds deposited with Frost Bank (Addendum to Public Funds Entity Security
Agreement and Third Party Custodian Agreement) - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(e) CC-1017-06: Action regarding purchase of two 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe-Police Package Vehicles through Tarrant County Purchasing Cooperative - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(f) CC-1017-07: Action regarding Appointment of Rick Trice, Director of Public Works, as the Alternate City Representative to the Fort Worth Wholesale Water and Wastewater Committees - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(6) CC-1017-08: Consideration and Action regarding Approval of Michael Jauss to carry a firearm or otherwise act as a Peace Officer in the capacity of Reserve Police Officer - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(7) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(8) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo